Sunday 29 July 2018

I was so foolish I quarreled with my wife for giving me girls – Omisore

Ipoola Omisore, a former member of the Lagos State House of Assembly and advertising professional, has shared his stand on the male/female child controversy.
I was so foolish I quarreled with my wife for giving me girls – Omisore lailasnews
The politician who sat for an interview with Punch, disclosed that he once quarreled with his wife for giving him just girls. According to Ipoola Omisore who now has 15 children, he was just being foolish and in terms of care, answering to needs and having passion for one’s parents, none can beat the girls.
He said in the interview;
“I belonged to one of the foolish men who believed in the male children. .
That day, I was happy because I didn’t care what the gender was. Later, I got more girls and I became sad. I turned against my wife who was now late. I was angry that she gave me girls. .
But on reflection today, I have 15 children; 13 graduates, one undergraduate and a young boy. I want to say that in terms of care, answering to needs and having passion for one’s parents, none can beat the girls. .
.
All my boys like me but not five per cent near that of my girls. For men, who are still foolish like I was, I advise them to have a rethink. It’s proven that female children love their fathers more than their mothers, while the males are closer to their mothers.”
On challenges of being a father, Omisore said;
I had my first two children in England in 1974/75. I didn’t feel it much. I returned to Nigeria December 1975. I had another child in Nigeria in 1977. I am from the Omisore family in Ile-Ife where largeness of family is a joy.
We are trained to give the basics to our children. I never faced any serious challenges in those days. I was an advertising executive handling products. I got baby products cheaply. It was fun training my children. It was remarkable that at 36, I had nine children which nobody would do these days. I came from a background where our fathers had 90 children and more. It was never a problem to me. The challenges are that I was a playboy and still one. I hardly stay at home and when I was a young man, I was like a masquerader. I only came in whenever I wanted the children to toe the line.
I was and still a club man. I had a shock of my life when I lost my first wife. I was 36 and she was 35, and a man who normally would not stay with his kids became challenged. Women cover lots of lapses for men but we hardly appreciate them until they are no longer around or no more. I would say I brought up all my children because there was a woman. So far so good, it has been a success story as a father of many children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman She wakes up by 4am, gives you sex, You sleep back, she will move straight to the kitchen. She would join morning d...