Monday 11 December 2017

Halima Abubakar – “My sickness made me know how loved I am”

Halima Abubakar’s fan was deeply worried when photos of her looking so pale with her head shaved clean appeared online earlier in the year. The pictures were accompanied with dire rumours, with some saying Abubakar was battling with cancer.

However, she later confirmed to Sunday Scoop that she was having complications of a fibroid removal surgery she once earlier had.
Thankfully, it seems the worst of the storm is over for Halima and she is back to her bubbly self. In an exclusive chat with Sunday Scoop, she stated that she had resumed work.
“I am back on set fully. As a matter of fact, I am currently in Accra where I went to work with Pascal Amanfo. I was on set with Mercy Johnson and some other actors,” she said.
Speaking on what her experience on the sickbed taught her, the Kogi State-born actress said,
“I learned that I am loved and supported. I was overwhelmed by the outpour of love and encouragement from friends, family, and fans. It really made me feel appreciated. I am grateful to everybody who showed me love and I want them to know that I love them too.”
Advising fellow entertainers to prioritize their health, she said, “All I have to say is, take care of yourself. Don’t joke about anything or take things for granted, even if it’s a headache or cold. Treat it immediately.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Butterfly in the Belly

Butterfly in the Belly A butterfly does not turn out giant. Four little wings that are brightly coloured and patterned woven int...