Saturday 15 September 2018

She Asked Me What I’m Most Afraid Of, My Answer Was You

She asks me What are you most afraid of?

I am afraid of wanting I have always been taught to keep my fingers interlocked and hidden in my lap never to reach out and show desire for nothing is mine to keep but always to give

I am afraid of loving The word attachment is synonymous with abandonment For every pull there is a push For every beginning an ending For every person I love there is another I must lose

I am afraid of feelings The risk of being hurt is too great I am too worn and weary to stand again if I fall once more So instead I pray that the person I love will be happy close my eyes and walk away

But most of all, I am most afraid of you. You are a combination of all three.

But I tell her what I am most afraid of is spiders and the dark

She says I am scared of them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Butterfly in the Belly

Butterfly in the Belly A butterfly does not turn out giant. Four little wings that are brightly coloured and patterned woven int...