Monday 17 September 2018

I will not step down, and APC cannot impeach me – Senate president Bukola Saraki


Senate President Bukola Saraki, yesterday reinstated his decision not to step down as the president of the senate.

Saraki who visited Niger state yesterday for consultations on his presidential bid, spoke with newsmen and vowed not to step down.

According to the senate president, the APC is currently the minority in the senate and therefore don’t have the powers to carry out any of their impeachment threat.

“The APC members know that we are in the majority and whatever they want to do they know that they don’t have the number. The other kite they are trying to fly is asking me to step down from my seat, but I can tell you that this cannot be possible as I will not step down. One thing is very clear and that is to say that I will not sacrifice the interest of the country for my personal interest and in the last three years as a Senate president, I have demonstrated that my interest is second to that of national interest,” he said

No comments:

Post a Comment

Butterfly in the Belly

Butterfly in the Belly A butterfly does not turn out giant. Four little wings that are brightly coloured and patterned woven int...