Friday 16 March 2018

Thibaut Courtois – Why Messi Scored 2 goals Through My Legs

Chelsea goalkeeper, Thibaut Courtois, and left back defender Marcos Alonso have reacted to their 3-0 defeat to Barcelona at Camp Nou on Wednesday.
Chelsea was knocked out of the Uefa Champions League losing 4-1 on aggregate after the first leg ended 1-1 at the Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea first choice goalkeeper allowed Lionel Messi to nutmeg him twice and also give a nice assist to Dembele to score another goal.
Courtois said having played against Messi on numerous occasions he (Messi) already knows his weak point.
Soccer Football – Champions League Round of 16 Second Leg – FC Barcelona vs Chelsea – Camp Nou, Barcelona, Spain – March 14, 2018 Barcelona’s Ousmane Dembele celebrates scoring their second goal with Lionel Messi as Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois and N’Golo Kante react Action Images via Reuters/Lee Smith
He explained further that putting the ball in between his legs was the weakest part of him because of his height.
Speaking after the match Courtois said, “I don’t think we deserve to be out but individual mistakes made the difference.
“I didn’t think Messi would shoot from there and I was a bit late to close my legs so that’s my mistake.
“We had chances, hit the crossbar, it was mostly our individual mistakes that cost us.
“I’ve played against him a lot of times and already conceded goals through my legs from him.
“That’s maybe the weakest part of me because of my height. You have to be man and admit you make mistakes.”
Alonso on his own said, “I dunno, they have Messi (sic) and I think maybe they were the better team even though I think we showed we compete well in both teams.
“If we concede these easy goals, it’s difficult against this team.
“We knew they have top players, we knew we could not give them one metre or they will score. I think we’re unlucky with the first two goals, we hit the post three times over both games. They were the better team but we were unlucky.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Butterfly in the Belly

Butterfly in the Belly A butterfly does not turn out giant. Four little wings that are brightly coloured and patterned woven int...